Screenshots and electronic versions of documents are accepted. Please make sure names, dates, addresses, and plate numbers are clearly readable in the images before you submit them.
1. Proof of Residency
Only one option of residency proof is required:
Current Rental Lease
Your current rental lease must have the following:
- Your name
- Property address where applicant is applying for the permit (including apartment or unit number)
- Start and end term dates of the lease
- An addendum or renewal form will be accepted with the new term dates and signatures of the applicant and the landlord
- Signatures of the applicant and landlord
NOTE: No altered leases will be accepted. You do not have to submit the entire lease, only pages with relevant information.
Current Utility Bill
Your bill must state the following:
- Your name
- Your property address where you're applying for
Things to keep in mind:
- You must upload the full page version of the light, gas, or cable/internet bill, with the payment tab attached.
- Screenshots and electronic versions are accepted.
- The service address must match the mailing address where you are applying for an RPP permit.
- We do not accept water (PWSA/PGH20), sewer, cell phone, or property tax bills.
- Mortgage documents or mortgage insurance documents are not accepted
Your sublease must state the following:
- Your property address of residence
- The duration of your stay
- From whom you are subleasing
- The original lease agreement, signed by the landlord, will also need to be provided to show the sublessor is an approved resident at that address.
- Any tenant to tenant sublease, that does not involve the property owner, must be notarized.
2. Proof of Vehicle Registration
The second required document is a current vehicle registration card (registration card example).
Additional requirements are as follows:
- Vehicle titles, registration receipts, and auto insurance documents are not accepted.
- Your vehicle must be registered in your name or a relative with the same last name.
- A notarized registration form will be required if the last name on the registration does not match your last name. The vehicle must be registered to an immediate family member.
- Registrations from outside of Pennsylvania are accepted.
- We accept current temporary vehicle registrations.
- A notarized registration form will be required if the vehicle is registered in a business or company name.
- A notarized vehicle weight form will be required if the vehicle's gross weight is over 6,000 lbs.
3. Driver's License
The third required document is a current and valid driver's license.
We also accept the following:
- A learner's permit is accepted (front side only)
- A current out of state driver's license
- A current and valid state issued ID card (if you are only purchasing a visitor's pass)
NOTE: Only the front side of the driver's license needs to be submitted.