Pay-by-License Plate Multi-Space Meter Instructional Video
- City of Pittsburgh Traffic Ordinances
In order to better serve you and answer any questions you may have regarding City of Pittsburgh Traffic Ordinances - please click on this link and review the information therein. Thank you!
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Frequently Asked Questions - Pay by License Plate Meters
- Cale Instructional Brochure (updated 5/29/2013)
- Video from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette of Meter Unveiling
- PPA Press Release (ribbon-cutting) 7-26-12
- Cale Press Release 7-13-12
- Cale Press Release 6-6-12
- City Wide Meter Locator
ENFORCEMENT HOURS FOR CITY ON-STREET METERS AND OFF-STREET METERED AUTHORITY LOTS:
A. On-Street City Meters are Enforced Monday-Saturday from 8:00AM-6:00PM
B. Off-Street Authority Metered Lots are Enforced Monday-Saturday from 8:00AM-10:00PM
METER SERVICES is responsible for the maintenance, installation, removal, repair and collection of multi-space parking meters located throughout the City of Pittsburgh. There are approximately 9,391 metered spaces located on-street and in PPA neighborhood metered lots.
Technicians from the METER SERVICES department inspect meters on a daily basis. Response time to repair a reported malfunctioning meter is usually within 24 hours. The number to call with information on a broken or malfunctioning meter is 412-560-2534.
On-street meters and lot meters duration, rate and time may vary according to the time demanded at each location. Meter durations range from 15 minutes up to 10 hours depending on parking needs. Rates also vary and are predetermined according to parking studies performed before installation of any meters.
Email email@example.com if you require a parking variance for the Residential Permit Parking areas.
- Phone Number
- Reason for the request
- License plate number (including state if it is not Pennsylvania)
- Length of time (maximum 2 weeks)
For questions regarding the placement of signs, call the City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Transportation and Engineering at 412-255-8850.